SPECIAL ABBREVIATED EDITION
No. 170. Monday-Wednesday, February 15-17, 2021
• From the Communications and Marketing Volunteer Action Team
• Email: editor@FVNews.com.au or Ash@Long.com.au
• Subscribe/Unsubscribe HERE
• FVNews Daily is also available at the website: www.FVNews.com.au
• All Back Copies are available at: https://fvnews.com.au/wp/back-copies/
Lodges, Masonic Centres Closed
• Garry Runge, Grand Secretary, has advised that in accordance with the latest State Government lockdown regulations, there are to be no in-person Lodge meetings anywhere in the state, until further notice. All Masonic Centres across Victoria are also closed, until further notice. NOTICE
• FVNews Daily will resume when the lockdown resumes, emergencies excepted.
GM Makes Announcements
• Richard Elkington, Grand Master, issued a VIDEO and statement on Thursday with details of the first in a series of changes within Freemasons Victoria.
Deputy Grand Master’s Statement
Vale Jack Gallop
• Jeff Cripps, Secretary, Antient York Lodge, advises: “It is with much sadness that I write to advise of the passing of one of our esteemed brethren, VWBro. John (Jack) Garfield Gallop PGIW, who passed to the Grand Lodge Above on Sunday (Feb. 14). While Jack had only been a member of Antient York for a couple of years, he has been a Freemason for more than 50 years. He joined the Antient York Lodge from Pascoe Vale Lodge when the charter of that lodge was returned. At the age of 90+ and failing health we did not see a great deal of Jack, but he was always present with Terry Hodges, when he was well enough to join us. His involvements in Freemasonry were quite diverse, in that he had membership of a number of different orders. He will be missed by all who knew him, especially by our members from the Pascoe Vale Lodge. Rest in Peace, Jack.”
Vale Xenophon Sarandis
• Andrew Karaconstantis, Secretary of Gregorios Lodge, advises: “With heavy heart, sadness and respect I inform you that Wor. Bro. Xenophon Sarandis PGStdB has laid down his working tools for the last time and summoned to the Grand Lodge Above. He was in the 2008 GL Ceremony Team and a worthy brother of Gregorios Lodge No. 865. Funeral details to be advised.”
Please notify us about your event.
Please include date, time, talk details, attire, and a link or location.
Monday, February 15
• 7.30pm. Lodge of Good Companions. By Zoom
• 7.30pm. Masonic Caravan Club. LINK Meeting ID: 763 8342 1746. Passcode: 4xYjAU
Tuesday, February 16
• 7pm-9pm. Change Management Team Workshop. By Zoom. LINK
Thursday, February 18
• 7.30pm for 8pm South. Portland Lodge. Talk: Fred Shade, The Oddfellows – Their Origin, History and Ritual’. LINK Meeting ID: 876 5588 1241
INFORMATION TO KNOW
FVNews is published by Bro. Ash Long, Chair of the Communications and Marketing Volunteer Action Team of Freemasons Victoria.
Phone: 0450 399 932.
FVNews is an opt-in email. If, for any reason, you would prefer not to receive our emails, simply reply to editor@FVNews.com.au or fill out the Unsubscribe form at https://fvnews.com.au/wp/subscribe/ – type OPT OUT in the subject line, and please include your email address. Or use the unsubscribe option at https://fvnews.com.au/wp/subscribe/
DISCLAIMER: The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text of FVNews belong solely to the author, and not necessarily to the United Grand Lodge of Victoria (Freemasons Victoria) organisation, committee or other group or individual. Readers should take all steps necessary to ascertain that information you receive from FVNews is correct and has been verified. FVNews assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in FVNews is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness