FVNews Daily. No 109. Friday, September 18, 2020
• From the Communications and Marketing Volunteer Action Team• Email: editor@FVNews.com.au or Ash@Long.com.au
• Subscribe/Unsubscribe HERE
• FVNews Daily is also available at the website: www.FVNews.com.au
• All Back Copies are available at: https://fvnews.com.au/wp/back-copies/
UPDATED DAILY. What’s On (52 listings)
Please notify us about your event. Email: editor@FVNews.com.au
• Friday, September 18. 6pm. Plaridel Lodge No.1893 1st anniversary. Attire: Traditional Filipino barong shirt, or business shirts. LINK
• Friday, September 18. 7pm.Bairnsdale Daylight Lodge. Meeting. Talk: Claudio Marino, District Engagement Officer. All welcome. LINK
• Friday, September 18. 7.30pm. Melbourne Holy Royal Arch Chapter. Talk: Craig Spendlove, ‘Cyrus – The Man and The Myth’. LINK
• Saturday, September 19. 10am-12 Noon. Preparation for Master course. Limited positions. Contact: Geoff Newby. EMAIL
• Saturday, September 19. 7.30pm-9.30pm. 7.30pm-9.30pm. Blue Lounge Social Club and The Lodge of Evolution. Washington DC – Secret Symbols and Hidden Mysteries of the Founding Fathers. LINK
• Saturday, September 19. 7.30pm. Cohuna Lodge. Dress: White shirt and tie. LINK
• Sunday, September 20. 4pm. Grand Lodge Ceremonial Team. Talk: Brendan Kyne, ‘Guided tour of the Victorian Lodge of Research Education/MAP Portal’. For team members. LINK
• Monday, September 21. 7.15pm. Gippsland Forest Lodge. 8pm. Open To Visitors. 8.10pm. Lecture: District Commander Very Illustrious Brother Michael Hyland 33°, Sovereign Grand Inspector General, Victoria Eastern, with the Supreme Council of the 33° of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite for Australia, Grand Secretary General HE Most Illustrious Brother Dominic De Candia 33° and Eminent Brother P.J. Milne to conduct a “Lecture on the Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite of Australia”. LINK
• Monday, September 21. 7.30pm. King David Lodge. Talk: Hillel Benedykt, ‘Musings of a Past Grand Master’. LINK. Meeting ID: 7873848487
• Monday, September 21. 7.30pm. Maribyrnong Mark Lodge. Talk: Thoughts on the Historical Origins of the Mark Degree. Masons Only. You do not have to be a MMM to attend this lecture. LINK
• Monday, September 21. 7.30pm. Gippsland Lakes Lodge. Speaker: John Glover ‘The quest for missing children’, A talk on facial reconstruction. .All welcome, including ladies and non-Freemasons. LINK
• Monday, September 21. 7.30pm. St George Lodge. Talk: Nicholas Derecki, The Difference Between Metropolitan and Rural Policing. LINK
• Monday, September 21. 7.30pm. Lodge of Good Companions. Includes casual 10 minutes on Fishing Hotspots and Tactics. All welcome. LINK
• Monday, September 21. 7.45pm for visitors. Warrnambool Lodge. Talk: Richard Elkington, Grand Master. LINK
• Tuesday, September 22. 10.30am. Kyneton Gentlemen’s Club. Kyneton Pizza Shop, 40 High St. Limited numbers because of COVID-19 rules. Attire: Smart Casual. LINK
• Tuesday, September 22. 7pm. Peace and Loyalty Lodge. Speaker: Myles King: President Board of General Purposes. LINK
• Tuesday, September 22. 7pm. Richmond Lodge. DETAILS
• Tuesday, September 22. 7.15pm for 7.30pm. Mount Scopus and Collegians Lodge. Talk by Dr Philip A. Quadrio from Lodge Galileo who is the Director, College of Masonic Studies and Grand Lodge Membership Officer, NSW and ACT. ‘The North East or Charity Charge. The History and Inclusion of the Charge in Modern Freemasonry’. LINK: Meeting ID: 899 3672 5896. Passcode: 140108
• Tuesday, September 22. 7.30pm. Middle Park Lodge. Talk: Barry Minster, ‘Electric Vehicles – Why not?’ Non-Masons welcome for talk. Attire: Dinner Suit, no regalia. LINK: Meeting ID: 846 6432 2019, Password: 247321.
• Wednesday, September 23. 11.15am. Funeral Service for Wor. Bro. Ray Thomas. LINK• Wednesday, September 23. 2pm.Funeral Service for Bro. Greg Romanes. LINK
• Wednesday, September 23. 7pm. Dimboola Royal Ark Mariners No 132 and West Wimmera Mark Lodge No 132 meetings. Talk: Craig Spendlove, ‘Craig Spendlove, ‘The Origins of the Mark Degree’. LINK • Wednesday, September 23. 7.30pm. Communications and Marketing Volunteer Action Team. Members’ Meeting. Invitation to Grand Master, Deputy Grand Master and Grand Secretary. LINK
• Wednesday, September 23. 7:30 pm. Keystone Mark No 1. Short business meeting. Talk: Bill Jones, Grand Master Elect, ‘Women Freemasons’. All Freemasons, ladies welcome. Attire: smart casual. LINK
• Wednesday, September 23. 7.30pm. Western District. Open Online Forum. Guest: Greg Goding, Past Assistant Grand Master (Qld). PRE-REGISTER
• Wednesday, September 23. 8pm. Healesville Lodge. Talk: Dr Dan Eddy, AFL writer, speaking about his new book Crimmo, the life and death of Hawthorn star Peter Crimmins. LINK
• Thursday, September 24. 10.30am. Kyneton Gentlemen’s Club. Kyneton Pizza Shop, 40 High St. Limited numbers because of COVID-19 rules. Attire: Smart Casual. LINK
• Friday, September 25. 7.30pm. The Victorian Lodge of Research. Talk: Lewis Allan, ‘Paschal Beverly Randolph’. LINK Password if required – 510249 • Monday, September 28. Time TBA. Spring Vale Lodge. Virtual Tour: Chapel of St John, Scotland. LINK TBA
• Monday, September 28. 7.30pm. St Andrews In The South, Geelong, Holy Royal Arch Chapter. Talk: Ruary Bucknall and Comp Fred McAnda, the Fundamentals and Importance of Mentoring. Open to all members of the Craft. Meeting ID: 983 0762 7500. Passcode: 286 730
• Monday, September 28. 7.30pm. South Gippsland Mark Lodge. Talk: Grand Lecturer, ‘Relationship of Mark Freemasonry and that of the Ark Mariners Degree’. LINK
• Tuesday, September 29. 10.30am. Kyneton Gentlemen’s Club. All Welcome. Attire: Smart Casual. LINK
• Tuesday, September 29. 7pm. Richmond Lodge. DETAILS
• Tuesday, September 29. 7.30pm. Werribee Mark Lodge. Talk: Barry Minster, ‘Development of the Electric Vehicle’. EA, FC, MM also welcome. LINK
• Wednesday, September 30. 7.30pm. Freemasons Victoria Business Meeting (Quarterly Communication has been postponed until December). LINK to come.
• Thursday, October 1. 10.30am. Kyneton Gentlemen’s Club. All Welcome. Attire: Smart Casual. LINK
• Thursday, October 1, 7.30pm. Ivanhoe Grammarians Lodge. Talk: Wayne Motton, ‘How To Conduct The Best Zoom Meetings’. All Welcome. Attire: Smart Casual. LINK to come.
• Thursday, October 1. 7.30pm. Killara Lodge. Talk: Anthony Bucca, Deputy Grand Master. ‘Post COVID Freemasonry’. Richard Elkington, Grand Master, will be in attendance. Zaidee night: wear a rainbow bow-tie, in remembrance of the girl, 7, who died of a blood haemorrhage in her brain. • Friday, October 2. 7pm. Grand Council of Royal and Select Masters of Victoria. Gardenvale, Shepparton, Geelong, Maroondah, Sherbrooke, Mornington and Wimmera Councils.
• Sunday, October 4. 2am. Daylight saving time will begin in Victoria.
• Monday, October 5. Time TBA. Williamstown Lodge official visit to Rosebank Lodge. LINK to come.
• Tuesday, October 6. 6pm. Mentor Training Program. Launch. LINK
• Tuesday, October 6. 7.30pm. Hearts Of Oak. Talk: Paul Brennand, Chair, Membership Volunteer Action Team. LINK to come.
• Wednesday, October 7. 7pm. Old Scotch Collegians Lodge. Proclamation of Joseph Morrow as Patron. Attire: Smart casual with a touch of tartan. LINK
• Friday, October 9. 7pm. Grand Council of Royal and Select Masters of Victoria. Victorian, Kerang, Oakleigh, Ballarat, McMillan, South Gippsland and Adoniram Councils.
• Wednesday, October 14. Time TBA. Traralgon Lodge. Talk: Anthony Bucca, ‘How To Create A Better Lodge Experience’. LINK to come.
• Wednesday, October 14. 7.30pm. Williamstown Lodge. Talk: David Newgreen, ‘Visiting Lodges Nationally and Abroad’. LINK
• Thursday, October 15. 7pm. Prospect Hill Mark Meeting. Opening and closing. Talk: Craig Spendlove, ‘Mark Masonry Prior to 1813. Attire: members jacket and tie, visitors smart casual. Open to non-Mark brethren. LINK
• Wednesday, October 21. 7pm. Grand Lodge Library/Museum Talks. ‘A Discussion on Masonic Etiquette’. LINK
• Thursday, October 22. 7.30pm. Communications and Volunteer Action Team. Members only. LINK to come.
• Thursday, October 22. 7.45pm. Royal Ark Mariner Bayside trio meeting. Talk: Craig Spendlove, ‘In the Footsteps of Noah’. Current MMM, Former MMM, Current RAM, Former RAM only. LINK
• Saturday, October 24. 2pm. Grand Council of Royal and Select Masters of Victoria. Video Event in place of Annual Assembly which cannot be held due to COVID-19 lockdown. LINK to register, link TBA.
• The Masonic Ring by Howie Damron (03:14). LINK
• The Knights Templar. (04:45) LINK
• Masonic Centre Sydney. The Hermetic Code. (34:02). LINK
Foundation at the ready
• Freemasons Foundation Victoria stands at the ready – even during COVID-19 times – to consider applications from Lodges, to assist them in their philanthropic activities within their local community in the areas of Health and Medical Research, Community Development, Education, Youth Development Programs and Indigenous Programs. Causes should be for a not-for-profit organisation.
• Freemasons Foundation Victoria may approve, under the terms of its Trust Deed, assistance to Victorian Craft Lodges to support them in contributing to the education of children in local schools through means of a Masonic Education Support Grant. As a general guide, the support can be awarded on the basis of academic achievement or financial need.
• Neil Cripps, Executive Officer, encourages Lodges to check out the guidelines at the Foundation’s website: LINK
Freemasonry’s recovery begins
• David Game writes: “Yesterday (Thurs.) the Kyneton Gentlemen’s Club held what is probably the first face-to-face organised meeting ofFreemasons since lockdown began. The meeting was well attended with nine attending in person and siz via Zoom. If Wor. Bro. John Blyth had not been an apology, we would have reached the maximum allowed of 10. • “Usually we celebrate birthdays with cake and a rendition of Happy Birthday, but as two members missed out during lockdown, we had two birthday cakes and a rendition from our “choir”. All told, everyone had a great time. I shall start Zoom again next Tuesday, but that will be the lastZoom unless we go into lockdown again.”
• The 275th anniversary of Freemasonry in Canada was celebrated in 2013. Here is a 14:08 video. WATCH
Masonic Medical Research
• “Researchers from the Masonic Medical Research Institute, the Precision Cardiology Lab of the Broad Institute at MIT and Harvard, Bayer USA, Massachusetts General Hospital, and University of Pennsylvania collaborated to uncover some pressing questions about the biology of the heart. While understanding the mechanisms causal to human heart disease remain active areas of research for many scientists, important knowledge gaps about its composition and function remain unknown.” LINK
Welcome to our newest subscribers
• We have set ourselves a target to add 7 extra opt-in subscribers per issue over the next 12 months. We want to reach 4000 readers each day by August 31, 2021. Will you help us reach our goal by telling others?Today,FVNews Daily welcomes John Beere and David Stewart.• Are members of your Lodge receiving FVNews Daily?Please let them know that they can subscribe, free, HERE
Send Your Summons please
• Lodges can assist by sending emails about every lodge meeting and event to editor@FVNews.com.au
Please include us on your Lodge Summons mailing list.
•King Edward VIII – Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David; later the Duke of Windsor (1894-1972) – The controversial King of Great Britain and Ireland who, in 1936, famously abdicated the throne, less than one-year after becoming monarch, in order to marry the woman he loved, American, Mrs Wallis Simpson, a divorcee.• After his abdication, he was created Duke of Windsor and, in 1937, toured Nazi Germany where he and Mrs Simpson met Adolf Hitler. During the Second World War, he was at first stationed with the British Military Mission to France but, after accusations that he held pro-Nazisympathies, was moved to the Bahamas as Governor. After the war, he was never given another official appointment and spent the remainder of his life in retirement. King Edward VII was a member of Household Brigade Lodge, No. 2614.– Timothy Horton
• Museum of Freemasonry. SEE ONLINE
• “I’ve grown tired of hearing all the comments about what our country and world needs today when in fact what is needed most is a hearty dose of Freemasonry.” – Bro. Howie Damron of the Masonic Pride Team.
INFORMATION TO KNOW
FVNews is published by Bro. Ash Long, Chair of the Communications and Marketing Volunteer Action Team of Freemasons Victoria.
Phone: 0450 399 932.
Web: www.FVNews.com.au Email: editor@FVNews.com.au
FVNews is an opt-in email. If, for any reason, you would prefer not to receive our emails, simply reply to editor@FVNews.com.au or fill out the Unsubscribe form at https://fvnews.com.au/wp/subscribe/ – type OPT OUT in the subject line, and please include your email address. Or use the unsubscribe option at https://fvnews.com.au/wp/subscribe/